Iowa Gamers Online
Hello welcome to the Iowa Gamers Online forum, please register to become part of the community.

Diablo 3 first week sales are in!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Diablo 3 first week sales are in!

Post by igoDrMacro on Wed May 23, 2012 12:51 pm

Blizzard has announced that 3.5 million copies of Diablo III were sold within 24 hours of its launch on May 15. On top of that, 1.2 million bought in through the World of Annual Pass offer. In the week since launch, another 1.6 million purchased Diablo III, bringing the current number of owners up to 6.3 million!

Diablo III is now the fastest selling PC game of all time. These high sales figures may explain why battle.net suffered through launch day issues, as 4.7 million players were all trying to log in.

In retrospective Cataclysm sold 3.3 million in its first 24 hours, StarCraft II sold 1 million in its first 24 hours of availability.

igoDrMacro
Admin

Back to top Go down

Re: Diablo 3 first week sales are in!

Post by igoMOTTZILLA on Wed May 23, 2012 11:29 pm

cheers Wow didn't think that there was that many people, I think it safe to say PC gaming is on its way back. Could this possibly have been why they held this back so long? I mean PC gaming has really hit big the past year or two. All the PC number has risen, all this new indie stuff, Kickstarter, and the overwhelming catalog of games on PC. I honestly think this is the PC age of gaming.

igoMOTTZILLA
Admin

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum