Iowa Gamers Online
Hello welcome to the Iowa Gamers Online forum, please register to become part of the community.

No New XBox in 2012, Playstation to be last

View previous topic View next topic Go down

No New XBox in 2012, Playstation to be last

Post by igoDrMacro on Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:15 pm

Microsoft France says the next Xbox will not be coming in 2012. French marketing director Cedrick Delmas says that despite several rumors about the system, it won't be released this year.

Delmas also commented on the Wii U, Delmas said. "We're not here to counter Nintendo and they're not here to fight the other manufacturers. Nintendo has put itself in a different cycle. It's going forward to its own rhythm, with success as we have seen with the Wii, and now it's their turn to present their innovation."

Sony says the PlayStation 4 will likely be the final next-generation console to be revealed. In a new interview, Sony France CEO Philippe Cardon explains that the company is in no rush to reveal its plans for the PS4, and that its situation is different than its competitors.

"The Wii is under time pressure because it's in decline," Cardon told French site Lepoint.fr. "As far as we're concerned, we're under a lot less pressure. We were the last to release the PS3. We will probably be the last to announce something."

igoDrMacro
Admin

Back to top Go down

Re: No New XBox in 2012, Playstation to be last

Post by Ivaarsen on Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:34 pm

I just hope they don't actually call it the PS4. I'm thinking they won't because they didn't call the new handheld PSP2 - they actually gave it a name. Perhaps they'll extend this thinking to the new console. I think they need to move away from the numbers.

Ivaarsen

Back to top Go down

I agree

Post by igoStoozy on Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:30 pm

I Would like to see them come up with something creative for the new Playstation. Something like the Playstation Edge or Playtion Postremo-Posterus.
igoStoozy

Back to top Go down

Post by igoDrMacro on Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:42 pm

igoStoozy wrote:I Would like to see them come up with something creative for the new Playstation. Something like the Playstation Edge or Playtion Postremo-Posterus.

yeah! how about the Sony Edge. ? it would be like starting with something new.

igoDrMacro
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum