Iowa Gamers Online
Hello welcome to the Iowa Gamers Online forum, please register to become part of the community.

Runescape player mugging

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Runescape player mugging

Post by igoDrMacro on Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:20 pm

A Runescape player was forced to fork over 4.7 billion in Runescape coins by pulling a realistic-looking gun during a robbery in a Fordham University classroom. Runescape coins are regularly traded for real money, putting the value of these coins around $3,300.
Humza Bajwa, 19, of Massachusetts, pretended he was seeking to buy game currency and arranged a deal with fellow player Jonathan Dokler. Instead of transferring the money online, Bajwa allegedly wanted a face-to-face meeting — and Dokler sent his Fordham pal David Emani to collect the cash.

Emani used a real $100 bill to compare with Bajwa’s money. “I took it out and said, ‘The money you have is fake,’ ” said Emani. That’s when Bajwa pointed a realistic-looking BB gun at Emani, the complaint says.
“I whispered, ‘Take it easy, man. No need for that gun,’ ” Emani said. “I couldn’t believe I was about to get shot over RuneScape! I was so scared I was about to die.”

Charges pending including second-degree robbery and grand larceny and posted $20,000 bail. If convicted, he faces 15 years in jail. The company behind RuneScape, Jagex Games, prohibits the sale of RuneScape gold or items for real money and may ban any player that engages in “real-world” trading.

more info on the story here:
http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/bronx/game_over_for_vid_kid_robber_DQgYQB3lApPVWB4FXXRiFN

igoDrMacro
Admin

Back to top Go down

Re: Runescape player mugging

Post by igoStoozy on Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:16 pm

Holy smokes people there are people that rob because they are desperate for food or cloths. Not that it is right but for fake currency in a game. Try explaining that to your fellow inmates. Haha computer nerd locked up serving hard time now there is a t.v. show for you.
igoStoozy

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum