Iowa Gamers Online
Hello welcome to the Iowa Gamers Online forum, please register to become part of the community.

PSN Hacked again????

View previous topic View next topic Go down

PSN Hacked again????

Post by igoDrMacro on Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:27 pm

Infamous hacking group Anonymous claims to have hacked the PlayStation Network again. The following was posted on Twitter:

The group linked to a lengthy document of the data they purportedly mined, including e-mail addresses and what appears to be other encrypted information.

IGN has reached out to Sony for comment and will update when they hear back.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/08/15/anonymous-purportedly-hacks-playstation-network-again

igoDrMacro
Admin

Back to top Go down

Re: PSN Hacked again????

Post by igoDrMacro on Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:39 pm

[Update] The list in question appears to be a copy of the posting from March 19.

[Update] Shane Bettenhausen, with business development at Sony Computer Entertainment America, says the claim is "totally fake."

igoDrMacro
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by igoDrMacro on Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:16 pm

[Update] Tweet has now been removed, Sony contines to state that the claim is fake.
-feeling like we have avoided a close one here, I think it's a good reminder to keep an eye on your accounts, as well as use good password security.

igoDrMacro
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by igoDrMacro on Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:51 am

It appears we narrowly avoided a disaster here. The internet was blowing up yesterday during this time with everyone worrying that it happend again. It's funny because I have been a HUGE Sony fanboy since PS1, and last April the whole PSN hack is what pushed me away, and ever since I have been HUGELY back into PC. Point being during the scare yesterday, I thought "ok, this is it, I am done." and that is how I felt, if this happens to Sony again, I am done with them. I hope for all of us that does not happen. But even the mere thought makes me cringe.

igoDrMacro
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum