Iowa Gamers Online
Hello welcome to the Iowa Gamers Online forum, please register to become part of the community.

Left 4 Dead 3 rumors, PS3 PSVita bundle, and more

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Left 4 Dead 3 rumors, PS3 PSVita bundle, and more

Post by igoDrMacro on Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:52 am

Left 4 Dead 3:
Left 4 Dead 3 could apparently still happen in the future, though there's no guarantee that the game will ever be made. In an interview with Eurogamer, Valve's Chet Faliszek was asked about whether a third instalment in the popular zombie franchise was on the cards.
“A 3? You know, some time down the road, like anything, I would say that to all of our games. So that's not a promise of when or where. I really love working on that series. It's one of my favorite series. It's just so much fun with the characters and the world. I love zombies and I love horror. So, yeah."

PS3 and Vita combo bundle?:
Sony has revealed a PS3 and Vita combo bundle is a genuine possibility for this Christmas. In an interview with CVG, Sony UK head Fergal Gara said "We put together packages for retail, and there's no reason why we shouldn't create a 'Vita plus PS3' bundle, which could feature games that use cross-play, as well as include a PlayStation Plus subscription that both devices could use." Gara went on to say that the bundle would underline the connectivity between the two devices, which can function in a similar way to Nintendo's upcoming Wii U.

Vita's life cycle:
IGN recently spoke with Sony’s John Koller about the current state of the PS3 and Vita. When discussing the 64 million PS3s sold worldwide, Koller admitted that the company is “very pleased with the PlayStation 3,” reiterating the company’s stance that Sony intends on staying “in the PS3 business” for “quite a long time.” When discussing the Vita he added “We’re in year one, so we’ll be supporting it for some time. But yeah, it does have its own 10-year life cycle. All of our platforms do… it’s a marathon, not a sprint. We expect long-term success from all our platforms.”

igoDrMacro
Admin

Back to top Go down

Re: Left 4 Dead 3 rumors, PS3 PSVita bundle, and more

Post by igoMOTTZILLA on Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:11 am

Good pieces of info here!! I would say after the addition to steam workshop to LFD2, LFD3 would not be needed. I mean a new game is always fun. but an endless supply of content is way more than that of what 3 would put out.

PS3 and vita combo? Not a bad idea if done at the right price. This is going American Picker style getting the price down on one item. If I was in the neighborhood of getting a VITA and got a PS3 with it for 150 less or whatever that might make the deal happen.

Good luck getting 10 years out of the VIA, doesn't seem plausible at the current rate of sales and lack of interest.

igoMOTTZILLA
Admin

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum