Iowa Gamers Online
Hello welcome to the Iowa Gamers Online forum, please register to become part of the community.

Is the FPS market over saturated?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Is the FPS market over saturated?

Post by igoDrMacro on Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:39 am

If you listen to the podcast you often hear me complain about the over saturation of Call-of-Duty games. This is true not just of Call of Duty, but of military FPS games in general. Kotaku had an interesting write up on the 10 military FPS games released by EA in the last 5 years: http://kotaku.com/5954303/congratulations-ea-you-just-released-your-10th--military-shooter-in-5-years?tag=medal-of-honor and this made me realize why I have become so burnt out. Call of Duty launched for PC in 2003, since then we have had 12 COD releases (Not counting those made for mobile). Even if you only count major Battlefield and Medal of Honor releases from EA, combined with only counting the major releases for COD; is 16 military FPS games in 9 years, ...no wonder I am burnt out.

But people keep buying them. Sad

Feel free to comment, are you burnt out on military FPS games? Do you want more?

igoDrMacro
Admin

Back to top Go down

Re: Is the FPS market over saturated?

Post by igoMOTTZILLA on Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:49 pm

I would like to see a GOOD civil war game, anything else would not be necessary.

igoMOTTZILLA
Admin

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum