Iowa Gamers Online
Hello welcome to the Iowa Gamers Online forum, please register to become part of the community.

Can we expect "Playstation" to vanish?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Do you think the Playstation name will be dropped?

0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
100% 100% 
[ 4 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 4

Can we expect "Playstation" to vanish?

Post by igoMOTTZILLA on Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:38 pm

With the upcoming presidential and CEO change over at sony, what will we see change? The company is starting on a so called "clean slate" with this change is it possible the "Playstation" name to also change.

igoMOTTZILLA
Admin

Back to top Go down

More info

Post by igoDrMacro on Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:53 pm

Earlier this week, Kaz Hirai was named Sony's new president and CEO. In a new interview, Hirai has spoken out about what the transition means for him, and how he plans to change things at Sony.

"I thought turning around the PlayStation business was going to be the toughest challenge of my career, but I guess not," he told The Wall Street Journal. "It's one issue after another. I feel like 'Holy s***, now what?'"

Hirai plans to make changes to Sony's goals. Following a two billion dollar loss, he knows that Sony's business model will need to adapt in order for the company to survive.

-interview from the Wall Street Journal

igoDrMacro
Admin

Back to top Go down

It going to be hard.

Post by igoStoozy on Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:37 pm

Of all the things it is going to be difficult for the new CEO to turn Sony around from a loss like last year. The one thing I see as something that will help is for Sony to stop reacting to the other companies Nintendo and Microsoft and start leading the video game world with the new break threws in gaming 1st.
igoStoozy

Back to top Go down

Re: Can we expect "Playstation" to vanish?

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum